She did let me taste her sausage, and it was delicious and all, but God damn I love fried chicken for breakfast. Only they don't have waffles to go with it. You can get it with pancakes, eggs, or French toast. Nine bucks. Your call: white meat, or dark. And here's where Jodie blows the chicken farmer's mind. In a good way: White meat is the breast, and dark, against everyone else in the world's worser judgment, is a leg, a thigh, and a wing. For this, if it was up to me, I'd award Jodie the Nobel Prize in Physics, or Peace, or both.
But it's not up to me, so I'm going to give him a carton of eggs the next time I see him. And a waffle iron for Christmas because pancakes are good, but they're not waffles. As I've pointed out time and time again.
Jodie's. 902 Masonic Ave. (at Solano), Albany. (510) 526-1109. Tuesday-Sunday: 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.; closed Monday. Takeout available. Credit cards not accepted. No alcohol. Wheelchair accessible.
Dan Leone is the author of Eat This, San Francisco (Sasquatch Books), a collection of Cheap Eats restaurant reviews, and The Meaning of Lunch (Mammoth Books).
Most Commented On
- The numbers alone are misleading because they do not allow - March 9, 2014
- The problem with private - March 9, 2014
- So Greg admits that SF is full of people who cannot function - March 9, 2014
- Look at it this way, Snoozers - March 9, 2014
- The issue isn't whether poetry is worthwhile but rather why - March 9, 2014
- So you're saying marcos is just like a driver? - March 9, 2014
- Class based envy politics doesn't sit well with most voters - March 9, 2014
- When you cannot defeat an opponent then - March 9, 2014
- oBaVKmYrxmf - March 9, 2014
- Another new to town progressive. - March 9, 2014