She did let me taste her sausage, and it was delicious and all, but God damn I love fried chicken for breakfast. Only they don't have waffles to go with it. You can get it with pancakes, eggs, or French toast. Nine bucks. Your call: white meat, or dark. And here's where Jodie blows the chicken farmer's mind. In a good way: White meat is the breast, and dark, against everyone else in the world's worser judgment, is a leg, a thigh, and a wing. For this, if it was up to me, I'd award Jodie the Nobel Prize in Physics, or Peace, or both.
But it's not up to me, so I'm going to give him a carton of eggs the next time I see him. And a waffle iron for Christmas because pancakes are good, but they're not waffles. As I've pointed out time and time again.
Jodie's. 902 Masonic Ave. (at Solano), Albany. (510) 526-1109. Tuesday-Sunday: 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.; closed Monday. Takeout available. Credit cards not accepted. No alcohol. Wheelchair accessible.
Dan Leone is the author of Eat This, San Francisco (Sasquatch Books), a collection of Cheap Eats restaurant reviews, and The Meaning of Lunch (Mammoth Books).
Most Commented On
- You always make that remark when you have no response. - July 24, 2014
- No, Yo, there is no significant difference between the two - July 24, 2014
- Not overfunded - July 24, 2014
- lol - July 24, 2014
- Guest, I see where you are heading, and... - July 24, 2014
- Of course he does - July 24, 2014
- Same with the SF Green Party - ovewhelmingly white - July 24, 2014
- Yeah, but if you have really good tech skills why would you ever - July 24, 2014
- Why didn't the author give a breakdown by eye color or - July 24, 2014
- HINT: SFUSD should have done - July 24, 2014