She did let me taste her sausage, and it was delicious and all, but God damn I love fried chicken for breakfast. Only they don't have waffles to go with it. You can get it with pancakes, eggs, or French toast. Nine bucks. Your call: white meat, or dark. And here's where Jodie blows the chicken farmer's mind. In a good way: White meat is the breast, and dark, against everyone else in the world's worser judgment, is a leg, a thigh, and a wing. For this, if it was up to me, I'd award Jodie the Nobel Prize in Physics, or Peace, or both.
But it's not up to me, so I'm going to give him a carton of eggs the next time I see him. And a waffle iron for Christmas because pancakes are good, but they're not waffles. As I've pointed out time and time again.
Jodie's. 902 Masonic Ave. (at Solano), Albany. (510) 526-1109. Tuesday-Sunday: 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.; closed Monday. Takeout available. Credit cards not accepted. No alcohol. Wheelchair accessible.
Dan Leone is the author of Eat This, San Francisco (Sasquatch Books), a collection of Cheap Eats restaurant reviews, and The Meaning of Lunch (Mammoth Books).
Most Commented On
- Historically cyclists were the poor folks who could not - December 12, 2013
- Yes, in fact the Supes should be made to ONLY hire - December 12, 2013
- It actually looks good on them because it's an outdoor town - December 12, 2013
- Banning plastic bags and MacDonalds happy meal toys is - December 12, 2013
- So if that bike rider has - December 12, 2013
- Cyclists are all spandex wearing white elitists - December 12, 2013
- Jane Kim should hire a serial rapist - December 12, 2013
- The city should find a way to - December 12, 2013
- Good point - I was mistaking Steven for a journalist. - December 12, 2013
- They wear Lycra in Aspen, no? - December 12, 2013