She did let me taste her sausage, and it was delicious and all, but God damn I love fried chicken for breakfast. Only they don't have waffles to go with it. You can get it with pancakes, eggs, or French toast. Nine bucks. Your call: white meat, or dark. And here's where Jodie blows the chicken farmer's mind. In a good way: White meat is the breast, and dark, against everyone else in the world's worser judgment, is a leg, a thigh, and a wing. For this, if it was up to me, I'd award Jodie the Nobel Prize in Physics, or Peace, or both.
But it's not up to me, so I'm going to give him a carton of eggs the next time I see him. And a waffle iron for Christmas because pancakes are good, but they're not waffles. As I've pointed out time and time again.
Jodie's. 902 Masonic Ave. (at Solano), Albany. (510) 526-1109. Tuesday-Sunday: 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.; closed Monday. Takeout available. Credit cards not accepted. No alcohol. Wheelchair accessible.
Dan Leone is the author of Eat This, San Francisco (Sasquatch Books), a collection of Cheap Eats restaurant reviews, and The Meaning of Lunch (Mammoth Books).
Most Commented On
- Free stuff??!?! What is - July 28, 2014
- Failed at life? I guess you - July 28, 2014
- What a sickening comment. - July 28, 2014
- Are you suggesting that MTA - July 28, 2014
- YQpRBDjDKzBrO - July 28, 2014
- You are mistaken - July 28, 2014
- I'm giving Emma credit here for learning from her last error and - July 28, 2014
- Jews who aren't smart enough to become doctors or lawyers - July 28, 2014
- Yes, it's racist to comment on someone's race. - July 28, 2014
- The notion of a "fair" wage is determined not by any one - July 28, 2014