"It's weird to be working with a label that isn't worried about going out of business. Not having this dark cloud over you the whole time," Lannon continues, mimicking an imaginary imprint. "<\!q>'Urrrrr, rock music. Records just don't sell like they used to.' That's every other label we talked to. It's just a recurring theme that you hear as a person in the indie rock world. Every label you talk to has that, starts with that 'Feel sorry for me, I'm a label' sob story. But Beggars has figured it out; they've been around for a while – it's a nice situation."
"We can exhale a little," Burton adds gently.
"Now we just have to play well every night!" Ruck cracks.
FILM SCHOOL Jan. 26, 6 p.m. Amoeba Music 1855 Haight, SF Free (415) 831-1200 With Sound Team and Citizens Here and Abroad Jan. 26, 9 p.m. Bottom of the Hill 1233 17th St., SF $10 (415) 474-0365
Most Commented On
- Are you suggesting that MTA - July 28, 2014
- YQpRBDjDKzBrO - July 28, 2014
- You are mistaken - July 28, 2014
- I'm giving Emma credit here for learning from her last error and - July 28, 2014
- Jews who aren't smart enough to become doctors or lawyers - July 28, 2014
- Yes, it's racist to comment on someone's race. - July 28, 2014
- The notion of a "fair" wage is determined not by any one - July 28, 2014
- She demands her right to spend the money of others for no - July 28, 2014
- MTA operators earn just shy - July 28, 2014
- Fertility - July 28, 2014