"It's weird to be working with a label that isn't worried about going out of business. Not having this dark cloud over you the whole time," Lannon continues, mimicking an imaginary imprint. "<\!q>'Urrrrr, rock music. Records just don't sell like they used to.' That's every other label we talked to. It's just a recurring theme that you hear as a person in the indie rock world. Every label you talk to has that, starts with that 'Feel sorry for me, I'm a label' sob story. But Beggars has figured it out; they've been around for a while – it's a nice situation."
"We can exhale a little," Burton adds gently.
"Now we just have to play well every night!" Ruck cracks.
FILM SCHOOL Jan. 26, 6 p.m. Amoeba Music 1855 Haight, SF Free (415) 831-1200 With Sound Team and Citizens Here and Abroad Jan. 26, 9 p.m. Bottom of the Hill 1233 17th St., SF $10 (415) 474-0365
Most Commented On
- You and I have different values - March 8, 2014
- Oh yes - that paragon of virtue, ambulance chaser Chris Dolan... - March 7, 2014
- eKwimShrzRLu - March 7, 2014
- You're kidding right? Brown - March 7, 2014
- fyi, marcos, AAA has a dismal record on motorists' rights - March 7, 2014
- Christopher Dolan AGAIN? - March 7, 2014
- So criticizing someone who - March 7, 2014
- Funny, I felt the same way about Jerry Brown - March 7, 2014
- So in other words you feel - March 7, 2014
- That is the Gods truth, but - March 7, 2014