At times The Outsider is more revealing than flattering toward its subject — as when Downey calls the subject a "genius and retard." If one might argue he doesn't merit either extreme, it's Toback's oft-simultaneous hitting-and-missing that makes him so hard to dismiss. Or maybe it's just the 100,000 micrograms of pure LSD-25 he says he never quite recovered from. That does explain a lot.
Fri/7 through April 13
Fri., 7 and 9 p.m.; Sat.–Sun., 3, 7 and 9 p.m.; and Mon.–Thurs., 6:30, 8, and 9:30 p.m.
For information about the "James Toback Retrospective," see Rep Clock.
3117 16th St., SF
Most Commented On
- Some locations are better for the homeless than others - March 14, 2014
- What progressives are happy about here - March 14, 2014
- Being played like fiddles - March 14, 2014
- The influx of better off residents would increase the pressure - March 14, 2014
- I don't get it - March 14, 2014
- Still looks like a non issue to me - March 14, 2014
- Do you mean the 8Wash that you needed a billionaire on your side - March 14, 2014
- Seems to me the cops were just doing their job - March 14, 2014
- Greg, not every official needs to be appointed. - March 14, 2014
- New England - March 14, 2014