At times The Outsider is more revealing than flattering toward its subject — as when Downey calls the subject a "genius and retard." If one might argue he doesn't merit either extreme, it's Toback's oft-simultaneous hitting-and-missing that makes him so hard to dismiss. Or maybe it's just the 100,000 micrograms of pure LSD-25 he says he never quite recovered from. That does explain a lot.
Fri/7 through April 13
Fri., 7 and 9 p.m.; Sat.–Sun., 3, 7 and 9 p.m.; and Mon.–Thurs., 6:30, 8, and 9:30 p.m.
For information about the "James Toback Retrospective," see Rep Clock.
3117 16th St., SF
Most Commented On
- So you delusional fools will - April 17, 2014
- Benito Gomez is a piece of - April 17, 2014
- GgIciPoJKMy - April 17, 2014
- Marke is so busy deleteting allegedly "anti-trans" posts - April 17, 2014
- Or maybe the city lawsuit is a desperate move? - April 17, 2014
- The female attendant actually brought one of the assaulted - April 17, 2014
- Exactly Greg. This desperate move by the ACCJC is only cover. - April 17, 2014
- Heh, yeah, a BART station worker does not want to intervene to - April 17, 2014
- So you don't really care what people think? - April 17, 2014
- A GOOD SPELL MAN - April 17, 2014