At times The Outsider is more revealing than flattering toward its subject — as when Downey calls the subject a "genius and retard." If one might argue he doesn't merit either extreme, it's Toback's oft-simultaneous hitting-and-missing that makes him so hard to dismiss. Or maybe it's just the 100,000 micrograms of pure LSD-25 he says he never quite recovered from. That does explain a lot.
Fri/7 through April 13
Fri., 7 and 9 p.m.; Sat.–Sun., 3, 7 and 9 p.m.; and Mon.–Thurs., 6:30, 8, and 9:30 p.m.
For information about the "James Toback Retrospective," see Rep Clock.
3117 16th St., SF
Most Commented On
- Some people don't have homes - July 10, 2014
- What the initiative really says. - July 10, 2014
- Why not single family homes - July 10, 2014
- Most would rather have the - July 10, 2014
- Wanted PR consultant Ryan Chamberlain in FBI custody - July 10, 2014
- I saw day 1 as a volunteer - July 10, 2014
- San Francisco Pension Liabilities - July 10, 2014
- What a Freaking GREAT idea - July 10, 2014
- Your envy does not befit you. - July 10, 2014
- True, which is why I'm not on facebook. - July 10, 2014