Annie Sprinkle, a breast cancer patient who has been visiting the San Francisco clinic since it opened, found women there who could identify with her situation. "The support groups at the hospital — certainly they're lovely, but ... they seem to be women whose finances were not an issue. For someone who was going through some stress about finances and cancer, it was helpful to meet other women going through that too."
Likewise, both women cherish the attention and concern they receive from Maxwell's practitioners. Sprinkle says, "In a word, love and compassion is what you get at the clinic. It takes the form of a social worker, acupuncture, or a massage.... Love heals, and you need that."
Charlotte Maxwell Clinic, San Francisco
2601 Mission, Suite 201, SF
Most Commented On
- oEWlFRRxKQEBaX - March 11, 2014
- The GOP Rating is Almost Negative - March 10, 2014
- Charlotte Shultz's slush fund - March 10, 2014
- Good Reporting Guardian - March 10, 2014
- Did it ever occur to you that - March 10, 2014
- Did it occur to you that she - March 10, 2014
- Is there a more bourgeois cause than white people's - March 10, 2014
- Was this article written by a - March 10, 2014
- The British did not vote for - March 10, 2014
- Separation of non-orthogonal concerns in software architecture - March 10, 2014