I might have sang, or sung, an Elton John song, or two, except my mouth was too full of free chicken wings, free meatballs, and free duck bones, etc., the whole time we were there. Had we known, we wouldn't have gone to Memphis Minnie's first, and then the wings, at any rate, would have tasted a lot better than they did. But the ducks were great, and the lasagna had meat in it, and it sure was cheap eats, and the bar was great and there were lots of colorful people there, including drag queens, and some really good bad singers, and even some good good ones.
I meant to ask someone where all the food had come from. If I had, my reviewing it might actually make some sense. But that didn't happen, and neither did dancing. Yo-Yo and Bundle and their friends sang their songs, got bored, and left.
Me and Earl ate too much, and left.
What do you think? I can give you the scoop on Memphis Minnie's, but technically I already reviewed it, nine years ago when it was in the Mission. Now it's on Haight Street, everybody knows, and the three-way taster is almost exactly twice what it cost then ($16.95). Is that bullshit?
I don't know, but just in case ... SFBG
Encore Karaoke Lounge
Daily, 6 p.m.–2 a.m.
1550 California, SF
Not wheelchair accessible
Most Commented On
- Your attention is commanded - August 1, 2014
- Because what we need in the - August 1, 2014
- dLPIYThjtnPpOeKnhp - August 1, 2014
- No, refuting and debunking you is not acknowledging your - August 1, 2014
- For a paper that - August 1, 2014
- You keep making it about me - August 1, 2014
- Police radio dispatch from Alejandro Nieto shooting raises new - August 1, 2014
- Idora, so your stated preference is for censorship and the - August 1, 2014
- Wrong. Chrome, me and this guy are all different guys - August 1, 2014
- I see no retaliation here, even though the mayor is entitled to - August 1, 2014