Up to three years before the Chron stories, the Northern California Chapter of the ACLU, the City Controller's Office, the Guardian, and the OCC had called on the police department to implement new best practices policies instituted in other cities. But the department reacted slowly, at least until victims of police brutality began appearing in broad snapshots across the pages of the city's largest daily newspaper for several days in a row.
OCC director Allen maintains that Delagnes and the POA were too eager to protest the agency.
"It concerns me that the POA didn't act in a diligent manner to find all the facts," he told us. "They acted a little impulsively." SFBG
- We don't need a shit ton of condos - August 20, 2014
- Why sf why not San Jose? - August 20, 2014
- The Performant: Epochalypse Now - August 20, 2014
- Projections - August 20, 2014
- Rep. Speier calls for federal accreditation reform, citing CCSF - August 20, 2014
- Twitter tax break beneficiary Zendesk launches app to help the - August 20, 2014
- mbv4-ever - August 20, 2014
- Ed Lie's support is less than - August 20, 2014
- Didn't Ronald Reagan say that - August 7, 2014
- Except that they've not been - August 7, 2014