Made a date, she bought me lunch, and I have this to say about her new favorite Indian restaurant: Mine too! It's south Indian style, which is dosas and stuff. In case you don't know what a dosa is, it's yet another style of flat bread, like roti, which I love, and naan, which I love.
I love dosa.
But get this: no meat. We're getting down with this awesome okra curry dish and dosa, and this other thin, crispy crepe-y crackery thing and all these other dip-into's, a white one, and a soupy one with carrots, and probably you gotta figure some other things I'm not remembering . . . The point is: no meat. And yet: delicious, filling, fun. And cheap! Our little lunch came to $15.
All we talked about was food, mostly Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles, and cupcakes, and curry goat, and Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles. My new friend Carrie is not no vegetarian, and yet her favorite restaurant really is a vegetarian one. So let that tell you something. SFBG
Daily: 11:30 a.m.–10:00 p.m.
1901–1903 University Ave., Berkeley
Credit cards not accepted
Most Commented On
- Clearly the debate cannot be "long over" because most of us are - December 5, 2013
- pdquick, we already rejected the "public option". - December 5, 2013
- Yes, they are debating - December 5, 2013
- Where is the car lobby in SF? - December 5, 2013
- Ridesharing is dangerous - December 5, 2013
- Single-payer Medicare-for-All - December 5, 2013
- No committment from Bicyclists - December 5, 2013
- Lobby - December 5, 2013
- If you had Medicare, and if - December 5, 2013
- how is that different - December 5, 2013