Made a date, she bought me lunch, and I have this to say about her new favorite Indian restaurant: Mine too! It's south Indian style, which is dosas and stuff. In case you don't know what a dosa is, it's yet another style of flat bread, like roti, which I love, and naan, which I love.
I love dosa.
But get this: no meat. We're getting down with this awesome okra curry dish and dosa, and this other thin, crispy crepe-y crackery thing and all these other dip-into's, a white one, and a soupy one with carrots, and probably you gotta figure some other things I'm not remembering . . . The point is: no meat. And yet: delicious, filling, fun. And cheap! Our little lunch came to $15.
All we talked about was food, mostly Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles, and cupcakes, and curry goat, and Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles. My new friend Carrie is not no vegetarian, and yet her favorite restaurant really is a vegetarian one. So let that tell you something. SFBG
Daily: 11:30 a.m.–10:00 p.m.
1901–1903 University Ave., Berkeley
Credit cards not accepted
Most Commented On
- Bay to Breakers will have video surveillance, license plate - June 18, 2013
- Get your facts straight - June 18, 2013
- If you want to hurt tobacco companies - June 18, 2013
- And yet I see many high-rises by the Waterfront - June 18, 2013
- If you knew that, Marcos, you could make a fortune by - June 18, 2013
- Putting money on deposit in the Cayman's does not save any tax - June 18, 2013
- Inappropriate use of waterfront - June 18, 2013
- You assume there that those who voted for Obama wanted a - June 18, 2013
- We all know that the moment - June 18, 2013
- Not quite. - June 18, 2013