Made a date, she bought me lunch, and I have this to say about her new favorite Indian restaurant: Mine too! It's south Indian style, which is dosas and stuff. In case you don't know what a dosa is, it's yet another style of flat bread, like roti, which I love, and naan, which I love.
I love dosa.
But get this: no meat. We're getting down with this awesome okra curry dish and dosa, and this other thin, crispy crepe-y crackery thing and all these other dip-into's, a white one, and a soupy one with carrots, and probably you gotta figure some other things I'm not remembering . . . The point is: no meat. And yet: delicious, filling, fun. And cheap! Our little lunch came to $15.
All we talked about was food, mostly Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles, and cupcakes, and curry goat, and Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles. My new friend Carrie is not no vegetarian, and yet her favorite restaurant really is a vegetarian one. So let that tell you something. SFBG
Daily: 11:30 a.m.–10:00 p.m.
1901–1903 University Ave., Berkeley
Credit cards not accepted
Most Commented On
- Negativism and NIMBYism is all that the SFBG has. - March 13, 2014
- Jack Davis - March 13, 2014
- Just because it's a public building does not mean that a mob can - March 13, 2014
- Thinking of the big picture - March 13, 2014
- It's apparently easier to tear people down, than to build up. - March 13, 2014
- Bad journalism - March 13, 2014
- Clarification - March 13, 2014
- Another nail in CCSF's coffin - March 13, 2014
- Yes, let's have a lobby group for not lobbying. - March 13, 2014
- Except that this is a new building and "removes" nobody - March 13, 2014