And despite how bored you may be with lowbrow prankster punks turned political activists NOFX — the last time I saw them was at the Stone in ’86 — they are guaranteed to be entertaining.
Finally, the Warped tour features some bad-ass BMXers and skaters. I'm not really sure who, as finding a list of the athletes on the tour is harder than finding a complete band list. I will say that Vans sponsors skaters like flowmaster Tony Trujillo and tech king Bucky Lasek, as well as BMX wunderkinder Ryan Guettler and Scotty Cranmer, who can both do front flips 10 feet out of a spine, so it'd be worth it to go on the chance of seeing one of those guys. There's bound to be enough wheeled heroics and side-stage real rock action that even a crotchety parental type like myself can get something out of the whole fandango. And that's what I'm gonna do, 5-year-old daughter and 10-year-old niece in tow. Long live the new breed. SFBG
VANS WARPED TOUR 2006
Sat/8, 11 a.m.
Piers 30 and 32, SF
Most Commented On
- If crime moves away that is almost as good as crime going away. - March 10, 2014
- Streetsblog views holding - March 10, 2014
- Less crime? - March 10, 2014
- Oh my gosh THANK YOU! You - March 10, 2014
- The "The Trees" by Rush - March 10, 2014
- Never had any need to. - March 10, 2014
- I saw the video and it is - March 10, 2014
- Beautiful voice and I am - March 10, 2014
- Let your loving mother feel very delighted on Mother’s Day - March 10, 2014
- nice post - March 10, 2014