And despite how bored you may be with lowbrow prankster punks turned political activists NOFX — the last time I saw them was at the Stone in ’86 — they are guaranteed to be entertaining.
Finally, the Warped tour features some bad-ass BMXers and skaters. I'm not really sure who, as finding a list of the athletes on the tour is harder than finding a complete band list. I will say that Vans sponsors skaters like flowmaster Tony Trujillo and tech king Bucky Lasek, as well as BMX wunderkinder Ryan Guettler and Scotty Cranmer, who can both do front flips 10 feet out of a spine, so it'd be worth it to go on the chance of seeing one of those guys. There's bound to be enough wheeled heroics and side-stage real rock action that even a crotchety parental type like myself can get something out of the whole fandango. And that's what I'm gonna do, 5-year-old daughter and 10-year-old niece in tow. Long live the new breed. SFBG
VANS WARPED TOUR 2006
Sat/8, 11 a.m.
Piers 30 and 32, SF
Most Commented On
- Yes, this looks like a taking on the face of it. - April 16, 2014
- It would take me 24 hours to file an eviction notice - April 16, 2014
- He actually came third out of - April 16, 2014
- check and mate! - April 16, 2014
- Famous last words. Let's see - April 16, 2014
- Steven reminds me of Bat Kid sometimes. - April 16, 2014
- they can try - April 16, 2014
- i never belive until i saw it will my eyes that dr aluda is real - April 16, 2014
- Eric are you planning on banning the burning of wood - April 16, 2014
- So any landlord who might have Ellised next year or the year - April 16, 2014