And despite how bored you may be with lowbrow prankster punks turned political activists NOFX — the last time I saw them was at the Stone in ’86 — they are guaranteed to be entertaining.
Finally, the Warped tour features some bad-ass BMXers and skaters. I'm not really sure who, as finding a list of the athletes on the tour is harder than finding a complete band list. I will say that Vans sponsors skaters like flowmaster Tony Trujillo and tech king Bucky Lasek, as well as BMX wunderkinder Ryan Guettler and Scotty Cranmer, who can both do front flips 10 feet out of a spine, so it'd be worth it to go on the chance of seeing one of those guys. There's bound to be enough wheeled heroics and side-stage real rock action that even a crotchety parental type like myself can get something out of the whole fandango. And that's what I'm gonna do, 5-year-old daughter and 10-year-old niece in tow. Long live the new breed. SFBG
VANS WARPED TOUR 2006
Sat/8, 11 a.m.
Piers 30 and 32, SF
Most Commented On
- James, you are free to live anywhere that you can afford. - July 28, 2014
- Rentals of less than 30 years have long been illegal? - July 28, 2014
- You might want to see a pro bono doctor about your obsession. - July 28, 2014
- They did say they needed some - July 28, 2014
- YTXUJeRsFv - July 28, 2014
- I have a good job and I can't - July 28, 2014
- Presidential mission - July 28, 2014
- Good to see SFBG adopting the "charity model" for helping those - July 28, 2014
- Where I was on the day President Kennedy was shot - July 28, 2014
- Best of the Bay 2013: BEST NORTH BEACH FRY BOMB - July 28, 2014