Although stand-up is a pretty new thing for Showalter, he doesn't worry much about people not laughing: "Pretty much everyone who comes to see me already thinks I'm funny, so I don't really get heckled."
Good thing. A heckler at a Showalter show would probably throw canned vegetables on stage. The Blue Collar Comedy tour made a movie. The Comedians of Comedy tour made a TV special. The idea of Showalter, Mirman, and Leo Allen traipsing up and down the West Coast in a van makes me nervous.
Will there be groupies? Drugs? Booze? "It will be like that part with the red snapper in the Led Zeppelin biography Hammer of the Gods," he deadpans. "Very Zeppelin-esque. I have already said too much. Let's just say it has a lot to do with sushi."
Sure, Showalter gives a good interview, but I don't think I'd let him near me with a fish. SFBG
MICHAEL SHOWALTER WITH EUGENE MIRMAN AND LEO ALLEN
Tues/25, 9 p.m.
628 Divisadero, SF
Most Commented On
- REjFcnpKIuXcLVMWu - July 25, 2014
- The bike lanes are actually - July 25, 2014
- Sure, if I scaled back my life, I would drive less - July 25, 2014
- You benefit from vehicles and roads even if you do not own a car - July 25, 2014
- LOL, so I have to produce evidence but you do not? - July 25, 2014
- yUomWWJqsFXwS - July 25, 2014
- Local journalists starting to catch onto Airbnb's subversion of - July 25, 2014
- My stars! - July 25, 2014
- Very Good Site - July 25, 2014
- Reading Comprehension Much? - July 24, 2014