Although stand-up is a pretty new thing for Showalter, he doesn't worry much about people not laughing: "Pretty much everyone who comes to see me already thinks I'm funny, so I don't really get heckled."
Good thing. A heckler at a Showalter show would probably throw canned vegetables on stage. The Blue Collar Comedy tour made a movie. The Comedians of Comedy tour made a TV special. The idea of Showalter, Mirman, and Leo Allen traipsing up and down the West Coast in a van makes me nervous.
Will there be groupies? Drugs? Booze? "It will be like that part with the red snapper in the Led Zeppelin biography Hammer of the Gods," he deadpans. "Very Zeppelin-esque. I have already said too much. Let's just say it has a lot to do with sushi."
Sure, Showalter gives a good interview, but I don't think I'd let him near me with a fish. SFBG
MICHAEL SHOWALTER WITH EUGENE MIRMAN AND LEO ALLEN
Tues/25, 9 p.m.
628 Divisadero, SF
- We don't need a shit ton of condos - August 20, 2014
- Why sf why not San Jose? - August 20, 2014
- Ed Lie's support is less than - August 20, 2014
- Didn't Ronald Reagan say that - August 7, 2014
- Except that they've not been - August 7, 2014
- They're outraged but they don't want any Palestinians in - August 7, 2014
- At least we have the - August 7, 2014
- Yeah the Sunni and Shia have - August 7, 2014
- The US and UK and later - August 7, 2014
- But they did not exist until - August 7, 2014