Although stand-up is a pretty new thing for Showalter, he doesn't worry much about people not laughing: "Pretty much everyone who comes to see me already thinks I'm funny, so I don't really get heckled."
Good thing. A heckler at a Showalter show would probably throw canned vegetables on stage. The Blue Collar Comedy tour made a movie. The Comedians of Comedy tour made a TV special. The idea of Showalter, Mirman, and Leo Allen traipsing up and down the West Coast in a van makes me nervous.
Will there be groupies? Drugs? Booze? "It will be like that part with the red snapper in the Led Zeppelin biography Hammer of the Gods," he deadpans. "Very Zeppelin-esque. I have already said too much. Let's just say it has a lot to do with sushi."
Sure, Showalter gives a good interview, but I don't think I'd let him near me with a fish. SFBG
MICHAEL SHOWALTER WITH EUGENE MIRMAN AND LEO ALLEN
Tues/25, 9 p.m.
628 Divisadero, SF
Most Commented On
- i am netasha from south - April 23, 2014
- a spellcaster online - April 23, 2014
- thank for your help today - April 23, 2014
- spell casting - April 23, 2014
- oojppcpg - April 23, 2014
- Dr Lumba Brought Back My Lover - April 23, 2014
- It's true - SFBG prefer purity and achieving nothing to - April 23, 2014
- Still goes to poor political judgement and instincts - April 23, 2014
- Only two of the eleven Supes are hardline lefties - April 23, 2014
- With due respect all thank - April 23, 2014