Creative Commons really should do a cartoon parody of The Ring.
There will always be people who want to consume their electronic toys and mass media without having to think about what they mean. Sometimes they’ll even claim that there are no politics of science fiction — or science — because politics only take place in Congress or at the United Nations. But I say that until we understand the monsters in our dreams, we'll never defeat the ones who run the world. SFBG
Annalee Newitz is a surly media nerd who just published a book — w00t!
Come hear her read from it (and enter a B-movie trivia contest): Thurs/27, 7 p.m., City Lights Bookstore, 261 Columbus, SF. (415) 362-8193, www.citylights.com.
Most Commented On
- Ed, if the city changed and Tim did not then, obviously, there - June 18, 2013
- But Ed, the money just wasn't there. - June 18, 2013
- Caitlin was a one string violin. - June 18, 2013
- I dunno, Greg, Guest's analysis struck me as prescient - June 18, 2013
- That just sounds lame, Greg - June 18, 2013
- What if you don't have enough to cover the basics? - June 18, 2013
- Hopefully this will result in - June 18, 2013
- Fear of diluting the brand - June 18, 2013
- Tim Redmond was NOT out of touch. - June 18, 2013
- You'll never cut costs by losing readers. - June 18, 2013