Then we'll give them a drug that blocks gpr54 receptors so they don't go through puberty, which may have the additional side effect of keeping them thinner. Or we could just starve them, which would also prevent puberty and make them live longer — there are about a zillion studies showing that people who starve themselves wind up living about 5 to 10 years longer than average.
Now I feel like I'm writing the jacket copy for a new nutritional self-help book. Which brings me to my final question, which (of course) is about humans: what does my concocted experiment say about the things humans study? SFBG
Annalee Newitz is building some awesome rats in her brain right now.
Most Commented On
- GlenParkDaddy - December 5, 2013
- FEAR NO ART - December 5, 2013
- SRL - December 5, 2013
- No artist wants to be poor - December 5, 2013
- 15 - 20 new planners? - December 5, 2013
- It is often said that it is suffering that creates great art. - December 5, 2013
- Cage Match - December 5, 2013
- You clearly need to understand the SFBG hierarchy of needs. - December 5, 2013
- Its true, I read it on the - December 5, 2013
- Artists are doing what they love to do. - December 5, 2013