Anytime the script refers to the press or a reporter, Martin directs his gaze at me, and in one scene, I'm dragged onstage to play the role of a doctor who incites Trog's wrath by stroking his chest under the guise of looking for a heartbeat.
If the rehearsal is anything to go by, besides Michael Sousa's pinched-nose performance as a snotty villain, many of Trog!'s funniest moments come from the considerable chemistry between Martin and Finn — or rather, between Crawford and beast. At the end of the interview, I ask Finn what it's like to play the role of Trog. "It's familiar," he says. Then he gets straight to the point. "I'm a hairy man." (Johnny Ray Huston)
Through Sept. 23
Wed.–Sat., 8 p.m.; Sun., 3 p.m.
2926 16th St., SF
Most Commented On
- HOW MY RELATIONSHIP WAS SAVED BY DR BRAVE!!! - April 19, 2014
- HOW MY RELATIONSHIP WAS SAVED - April 19, 2014
- AM SO HAPPY THAT I MET THIS MAN ON THIS SITE - April 19, 2014
- gNqLgYSQzAQAKOGp - April 19, 2014
- Only under the law - April 19, 2014
- Very compelling diagnosis by - April 19, 2014
- That was pretty neutrally - April 19, 2014
- JtCybyvbLH - April 19, 2014
- Try Dr. Wicca, he is for real - April 19, 2014
- US History - April 19, 2014