Maybe it's because the name the SciFi folks picked was exactly the sort of dopey thing they'd normally slap on a story about sea monsters. Apparently they passed over some ideas that might actually have gotten them the hipster cachet that Snakes garnered for New Line. Among the discarded titles were Killamari and Tentacles 8, Humans 2.
I vaguely thought that I should go see Snakes, or at least set the DVR to catch Kraken. But the fact is, I'd rather watch all the YouTube parodies tonight.SFBG
Annalee Newitz is a surly media nerd who would be happy to buy tickets to see Sharks on a Roller Coaster.
Most Commented On
- SFMTA chief hopes to calm the parking meter furor at - May 21, 2013
- after first person dealing with progressives - May 21, 2013
- Xorauguynafnvji - May 21, 2013
- Mission of the Commons has - May 21, 2013
- Right wing trash. See how the - May 21, 2013
- I get your point and agree, - May 21, 2013
- San Francisco's loss, - May 21, 2013
- Project much? - May 21, 2013
- Troll. Another miserable, - May 21, 2013
- You're right, there is no similarity - May 21, 2013