I like Scarleteen.com, but it really doesn't matter as long as you don't just point her at the Web and tell her to go look up "anal + teen," OK?
Let the professionals handle the "does it hurt?" and "will I like it?"-type questions, but as her dad you don't get to shirk the harder parts, where you ask her what she's heard, how she feels about it, whether her friends are pressuring her, and what she will do if they do pressure her. I would hope you've already talked to her about respecting herself and her body and not doing anything until or unless she really wants to, and then only once she's educated herself about risks and how to avoid them. If you haven't, well, for God's sake, man, she's 14. She has all kinds of excuses for stupid and irresponsible behavior. What's yours?
Most Commented On
- The GOP Rating is Almost Negative - March 10, 2014
- Charlotte Shultz's slush fund - March 10, 2014
- Good Reporting Guardian - March 10, 2014
- Did it ever occur to you that - March 10, 2014
- Did it occur to you that she - March 10, 2014
- Is there a more bourgeois cause than white people's - March 10, 2014
- Was this article written by a - March 10, 2014
- The British did not vote for - March 10, 2014
- Separation of non-orthogonal concerns in software architecture - March 10, 2014
- Nonprofits might not be - March 10, 2014