It's sound graffiti and it feels so good.
Berman's current plan is deceptively simple: "To keep making these different versions of the master Silver Jews album in the sky." On Tanglewood, "How Can I Love You If You Won't Lie Down?" rocks hard but also highlights Berman's tragicomedy: "Time is a game only children play well/ How can I love you if you won't lie down?"
The Mezzanine performance will feature Peyton Pinkerton and William Tyler on guitars — Pinkerton played on 1996's The Natural Bridge, Tyler on 2001's Bright Flight (both Drag City) — Brian Kotzur on drums, Tony Crow on keyboards, and Cassie Berman on bass. Even the lineup gets Berman going. "Peyton is a descendent of William Henry Harrison.... I'm convinced that many of our country's best electric guitarists are the far-flung descendents of mediocre 19th-century American presidents." SFBG
With Monotonix and Continuous Peasant
Sun/10, 8 p.m.
444 Jessie, SF
- We don't need a shit ton of condos - August 20, 2014
- Why sf why not San Jose? - August 20, 2014
- Ed Lie's support is less than - August 20, 2014
- Didn't Ronald Reagan say that - August 7, 2014
- Except that they've not been - August 7, 2014
- They're outraged but they don't want any Palestinians in - August 7, 2014
- At least we have the - August 7, 2014
- Yeah the Sunni and Shia have - August 7, 2014
- The US and UK and later - August 7, 2014
- But they did not exist until - August 7, 2014