I felt like trying out that side of my brain, love expression in music, though I'm not sure what side of the brain love comes out of, mixed in with heart and guts, all working together." "Simple Love," for instance, concerns an SF relationship that didn't pan out due to Dondero's rambling ways.
In all, he's happy with the new countryish, more piano-oriented album, which reputedly continues to show off Dondero's considerable writing choppage. "It's got a folk song called 'One-Legged Man and a Three-Legged Dog,' inspired by a one-legged man walking a three-legged dog in Golden Gate Park," says the songwriter. "A match made in heaven."
Recorded in a studio called the Sweat Box, sans Pro Tools (the faux funk-metal-country record is next, he jokes), the disc was designed to tug the heartstrings, Dondero explains. "It sounds kind of beachy. Easy listening. Soft rock. Adult contemporary," he observes. "I'm 37. I'm making music for myself and hoping to try and make my mother cry on this one." SFBG
With Centro-matic and the Decoration
Wed/6, 9 p.m.
Bottom of the Hill
1233 17th St., SF
IVY ROOM FAREWELL SHOWS
With Dave Gleason's Wasted Days, the Moore Brothers, the Loved Ones, Carlos Guitarlos, Rusty Zinn, Mover, Ride the Blinds, Eric McFadden Trio, "Soundboutique," and Nino Moschello
Sept. 15–17, call or see Web site for times and prices
858 San Pablo, Albany
- Cameroon,i must tell you about a wonderful doctor that cure my - August 21, 2014
- i happy living with it, and i went into research on how i can g - August 21, 2014
- Vulnerable San Francisco ignores growing tech bubble talk - August 21, 2014
- SPELL CASTER THAT BRING MY EX LOVER BACK IN JUST 48HOURS - August 21, 2014
- One can keep all the existing - August 21, 2014
- We don't need a shit ton of condos - August 20, 2014
- Why sf why not San Jose? - August 20, 2014
- Ed Lie's support is less than - August 20, 2014
- Didn't Ronald Reagan say that - August 7, 2014
- Except that they've not been - August 7, 2014