The community of online journalists and researchers revealed that an AP photo of the fires in Beirut had been doctored. Bloggers sounded the alarm when upstart photographer Josh Wolf was arrested for refusing to hand over to police video he'd taken of a G-8 protest in San Francisco.
It's no accident that the rise of blogging coincides with the rise of
government surveillance online. The people are watching too. SFBG
Annalee Newitz is a surly media nerd who is watching the watchers.
Most Commented On
- Like I said, a rabble always shows up to oppose anything and - December 6, 2013
- Teachers are educators not "restorers". - December 6, 2013
- The Marsh Does Not Oppose Development - December 6, 2013
- I am completely 100% behind - December 6, 2013
- Why is it important to have "single race" stores? - December 6, 2013
- Nobody pays me to post here. I am provide balance by - December 6, 2013
- There is no need to repeat every post twice and - December 6, 2013
- I'm not biased and your premise is wrong. - December 6, 2013
- The east part of SOMA is way better than it was 20 years ago - December 6, 2013
- Blind leading the blind - December 6, 2013