I can feel the passion bleed through when he tells me, "We're not going to sit here and wait for Mr. Big to come and say, 'You're a great band!' We'd rather get the message out ourselves."
The group is about to spread that message on a very long tour with the help of Mastodon, the Bronx, Oxbow, and Year Long Disaster. "It has nothing to do with 'making it,’" Castellanos says. "We just want to be working musicians once and for all. I think with this album the timing is right." Their newest member apparently agrees. "Luke's willing to sacrifice for these upcoming tours," she continues. "I think he already lost his job." He might not be needing it. SFBG
Sat/16, 9 p.m.
1600 17th St., SF
412 14th St., Oakl.
Call for time and price
Most Commented On
- Take away SF's alleged "world class" status and we are just - August 1, 2014
- People who live in SF and commute elswhere are bad - August 1, 2014
- So good Greg - August 1, 2014
- Please list these latin American countries. - August 1, 2014
- good point - August 1, 2014
- Latin American countrys put Israel on list of "Terrorist States" - August 1, 2014
- We don't have to do things in - August 1, 2014
- NSA surveillance scandal goes full tilt clown - August 1, 2014
- Remember, I'm agreeing with you - August 1, 2014
- SF progressives labor under paradoxes - August 1, 2014