I have enough trouble dealing with chairs that are completely silent. But I do like the idea of having many ways of accessing digital information. Computers can provide rich sources of detail, but other devices will offer just a snapshot framed by waggling bunny ears.
As soon as the Chumby hardware is a little more stable, I'm making it into my alarm clock. I like the idea of waking up to streaming MP3s and a few news headlines. And if I want to shut it off, I'll just squeeze. I'm telling you, the squeeze interface is genius. Genius! SFBG
Annalee Newitz is a surly media nerd who sometimes wishes her cat could display the latest headlines from BoingBoing.
Most Commented On
- Sorry, Guest, but I've been using PG&E for 20 years and have - June 19, 2013
- I agree, Lucretia, it's like a veil has been lifted over SFBG - June 19, 2013
- It is not an acceptable "risk" to not be paid - June 19, 2013
- PG&E? Benign? - June 19, 2013
- If your idea is that a paper makes endorsements regardless of - June 19, 2013
- Man this article and these comments are awesome - June 19, 2013
- Good God, Ann, what rock have you been hiding under? - June 19, 2013
- Sorry, "h. brown" but your name means nothing to me so - June 19, 2013
- Message: The Guardian's endorsements are the publisher's - June 19, 2013
- Vogt made his fortune in ad fixing scams - June 19, 2013