The need for this father of identical twin toddler daughters to fly right, get the record straight, come correct, and make good art, even if it means happily stepping aside, letting the current Bay stars set up on two-thirds of his sonic dreamscape's turf, and disappearing into the heat of, say, Summer Jam 2005.
"I just feel like my job is to make a good song," he says mildly. "And if making a good song means that I play the back and not get real freaky with the programming and not load it up with 10 trillion samples or something, whatever the song requires is what I'm willing to do."SFBG
Thurs/21, 4 p.m.
2455 Telegraph, Berk.
Thurs/21, 8 p.m.
1855 Haight, SF
WITH MASSIVE ATTACK
Fri/22, 8 p.m.
UC Berkeley, Gayley Road, Berk.
- PJcWeOAHCp - August 20, 2014
- We don't need a shit ton of condos - August 20, 2014
- Why sf why not San Jose? - August 20, 2014
- The Performant: Epochalypse Now - August 20, 2014
- Projections - August 20, 2014
- Rep. Speier calls for federal accreditation reform, citing CCSF - August 20, 2014
- Twitter tax break beneficiary Zendesk launches app to help the - August 20, 2014
- mbv4-ever - August 20, 2014
- Ed Lie's support is less than - August 20, 2014
- Didn't Ronald Reagan say that - August 7, 2014