The need for this father of identical twin toddler daughters to fly right, get the record straight, come correct, and make good art, even if it means happily stepping aside, letting the current Bay stars set up on two-thirds of his sonic dreamscape's turf, and disappearing into the heat of, say, Summer Jam 2005.
"I just feel like my job is to make a good song," he says mildly. "And if making a good song means that I play the back and not get real freaky with the programming and not load it up with 10 trillion samples or something, whatever the song requires is what I'm willing to do."SFBG
Thurs/21, 4 p.m.
2455 Telegraph, Berk.
Thurs/21, 8 p.m.
1855 Haight, SF
WITH MASSIVE ATTACK
Fri/22, 8 p.m.
UC Berkeley, Gayley Road, Berk.
Most Commented On
- "Hype" is short for hyperbole, HC. - December 11, 2013
- Hype and hyperbole everywhere - December 11, 2013
- Good point about Levi's shuttles using Muni stops. - December 11, 2013
- Tech companies in SF don't pay taxes? - December 11, 2013
- Phony argument - December 11, 2013
- didn't the SFBg "summit" last summer conclude that SFBG should - December 11, 2013
- hyperbole much? - December 11, 2013
- I didn't say that you were. I said that many are and say so. - December 11, 2013
- His delivery is horrible, but - December 11, 2013
- Yes, what SF needs is another "summit" - December 11, 2013