The need for this father of identical twin toddler daughters to fly right, get the record straight, come correct, and make good art, even if it means happily stepping aside, letting the current Bay stars set up on two-thirds of his sonic dreamscape's turf, and disappearing into the heat of, say, Summer Jam 2005.
"I just feel like my job is to make a good song," he says mildly. "And if making a good song means that I play the back and not get real freaky with the programming and not load it up with 10 trillion samples or something, whatever the song requires is what I'm willing to do."SFBG
Thurs/21, 4 p.m.
2455 Telegraph, Berk.
Thurs/21, 8 p.m.
1855 Haight, SF
WITH MASSIVE ATTACK
Fri/22, 8 p.m.
UC Berkeley, Gayley Road, Berk.
Most Commented On
- So you support squatters now? - July 30, 2014
- What, it is clear that Ed Lee - July 30, 2014
- Yeah, I've been doing short-term rentals for fifteen years - July 30, 2014
- It's mostly Hispanics where you are but, either way, - July 30, 2014
- And yet Lee's approval ratings are way higher than Mirk's - July 30, 2014
- A good reason to use artificial turf then - July 30, 2014
- "Progressive" is a meaningless term anyway - July 30, 2014
- Nonsense, all SF politicians are liberals - July 30, 2014
- I see no evidence of a documented link there - July 30, 2014
- "Next election"? - July 30, 2014