WHAT: Free the Media!
WHEN: Thursday September 21st, 8pm-midnight
WHERE: Crash (34 Mason Street between Eddy and Turk)
Blogger and video-journalist Josh Wolf has been ordered back to jail for refusing to let a federal grand jury have unedited footage of a July 2005 protest demonstration.
Free the Media! Is a benefit to raise money for the Rise Up Network legal defense fund for freelance journalists.
Speakers at Thursday’s event will include Josh Wolf (on the eve of his return to prison), Bruce Brugmann, editor and publisher of the San Francisco Bay Guardian; San Francisco Supervisors Ross Mirkarimi and Chris Daly; filmmaker Kevin Epps; Sarah Olson, Truthout.org journalist; Jeff Perlstein, executive director of the Media Alliance; Richard Knee, acting Journalism Division chair of the National Writers Union’s Bay Area chapter; and Njeri Sims, filmmaker.
Live music by Magnetism. Chuck Gonzalez to DJ.
Most Commented On
- BART would be useless without - May 21, 2013
- SF, the high income residents - May 21, 2013
- Now Hortencia dear, you know - May 21, 2013
- SF and the rest of the Bay Area. - May 21, 2013
- Thank you for the art work at - May 21, 2013
- While conservatives... - May 21, 2013
- Rootless - May 21, 2013
- And how do you quantify... - May 21, 2013
- Why would someone in Los - May 21, 2013
- By definition progressives think they are better than the people - May 21, 2013