"There's a lot of violence and frustration and boredom going on," Cimino adds.
"Fuck, I thought it was party music, man," Tierney chimes in, and the band bursts into another fit of laughter.
After three years together and a national tour on the horizon, including dates opening for the Slits, the Mall's sound continues to evolve. And who knows? Maybe their direction will cross the border into genuine hyphy. Already back in the studio recording songs for another EP, the Mall aren't holding back anything: to them, it's all about having fun and making great music for their friends.
"It's totally replaced skateboarding for me," Cimino says. "I'm off work. I don't want to watch TV. I don't want to eat dinner. I get to hang out and play music with these guys." SFBG
With the Plot to Blow Up the Eiffel Tower and Boyskout
Thurs/5, 9:30 p.m.
Bottom of the Hill
1233 17th St., SF
Most Commented On
- Transparency is VERY constructive. - March 13, 2014
- You're either naive or - March 13, 2014
- bupumNTpRjK - March 13, 2014
- "Anyone who votes for - March 13, 2014
- So, where are you from? - March 13, 2014
- Thanks for explaining progressive incestuousness - March 13, 2014
- Yeah, right? - March 13, 2014
- Me and Alix - March 13, 2014
- There's a fine line between democracy - March 13, 2014
- The link works now. Thanks - March 13, 2014