What results is a continuous squall of beaming shoegaze discord that feels like sunshine bursting into a dark room — only to be broken by heavy kraut rock tempos and Swervedriver guitars.
Though Surf Boundaries and The Right Kind of Nothing radically differ in sound and structure, both discs showcase Willits's ambition to crack the electronic mold and move toward a contemporary vein of experimental rock.
"All I'm trying to do is feel out my own energy and relationship to my creative process," Willits explains. "I could have never envisioned the albums sounding the way they do. I love being surprised by my own creativity." SFBG
With Daedelus, Caural, and Thavius Beck
Fri/20, 9 p.m.
Bar of Contemporary Art
414 Jessie, SF
Most Commented On
- WYsRgVClJdtNwFaK - April 20, 2014
- mrnnTPnohFR - April 20, 2014
- oxKRqnzmPVrMsjmmMnNa - April 20, 2014
- RtIIppvQckFtmhHcZcF - April 20, 2014
- DR OSUN CAN HELP YOU - April 20, 2014
- FgPNcPFcFgITocfgIl - April 20, 2014
- xnEEgXqeAgkRiN - April 20, 2014
- JxdHtDYjuVjHnn - April 20, 2014
- CGtmnZFBqyOGkGDYy - April 20, 2014
- udWmivkWKLMee - April 20, 2014