The coinages are arbitrary; there is no specific etymology"), but here's Tennov herself, back in 1977: "I first used the term 'amorance,' then changed it back to 'limerence'.... It has no roots whatsoever. It looks nice. It works well in French. Take it from me, it has no etymology whatsoever."
So there we have it. As long as it works well in French! Unless Dorothy Tennov writes in telling me that she didn't, after all, pull "limerence" out of her scholarly ass, I'm standing by my story.
Andrea Nemerson has spent the last 14 years as a sex educator and an instructor of sex educators. In her previous life she was a prop designer. And she just gave birth to twins, so she’s one bad mother of a sex adviser. Visit www.altsexcolumn.com to view her previous columns.
- Cameroon,i must tell you about a wonderful doctor that cure my - August 21, 2014
- i happy living with it, and i went into research on how i can g - August 21, 2014
- Vulnerable San Francisco ignores growing tech bubble talk - August 21, 2014
- SPELL CASTER THAT BRING MY EX LOVER BACK IN JUST 48HOURS - August 21, 2014
- One can keep all the existing - August 21, 2014
- We don't need a shit ton of condos - August 20, 2014
- Why sf why not San Jose? - August 20, 2014
- Ed Lie's support is less than - August 20, 2014
- Didn't Ronald Reagan say that - August 7, 2014
- Except that they've not been - August 7, 2014