In fact, she is currently scoring the entirety of a Disney film about flamingos — a task that will involve her traipsing about the wilds of Tanzania.
While most musicians are content to rap on the doors of radio and MTV execs to reach new ears, this artist couldn't be more tickled by her unorthodox formula for success. "I prefer it!" Heap says. "It means when people hear my music, they have a personal relationship with it. They go online and search for it. It's exciting to find music in that way. The fans are working a little harder — that means you get them for longer!"
Instead of finding herself a niche, the woman has carved a canyon, one that her talents will without a doubt overflow. But for the time being, hell, keep your ears open. SFBG
With Kid Beyond
Sun/3, 8 p.m.
982 Market, SF
Most Commented On
- It's National Running Day! Motivate yo'self with these classic - April 20, 2014
- LWraEqRQcSXZsnwl - April 20, 2014
- The Nigerian spellcasters and Chinese spammers contribute - April 20, 2014
- Let us praise the Guardian - April 20, 2014
- While Marke nurses a cocaine hangover - April 20, 2014
- Recent comments - April 20, 2014
- VqPJatLKJxUNgAq - April 20, 2014
- guLRRJLoiogmoxPedkbF - April 20, 2014
- YvHqlxLzhr - April 20, 2014
- kacgWnfIwbWH - April 20, 2014