Next year I will spend at least one weekend doing nothing but sitting in front of the TV and practicing my death moves. Watch out for me on Xbox Live I'm going to hunt you down and blow your guts out. Then I'll share some of my media collection with you to make up for it. But I will not buy a Wii. Do not try to make me buy one.
Hang out with mechanical engineers. Unlike electrical engineers and computer scientists, mechanical engineers know how to do useful postapocalyptic stuff like build bridges and generators and engines. They study extremely concrete things like, well, concrete. But they also study the way concrete shatters when hit by bombs. I want to know more about the mysterious ways of physical objects. Take me to your mechanical engineering lab. *
Annalee Newitz is a surly media nerd who wishes all the geeks and nerds and dorks and weirdos a happy new year.
Most Commented On
- WAKE UP!! - April 17, 2014
- Mind The Log In Our Own Eye, Rather Than Speck In Our Neighbor's - April 17, 2014
- pBtqkqHymFhGJVu - April 17, 2014
- Some people are generous, some are not... - April 17, 2014
- Im an insurance broker and - April 17, 2014
- Nobody would have been hurt - April 17, 2014
- Tourism - April 17, 2014
- "Perhaps the restoration of - April 17, 2014
- Don't forget Helm.. - April 17, 2014
- dVCjBkYGGCf - April 17, 2014