Washing up on Anna's Jazz Island, Berkeley (www.annasjazzisland.com), Yoruban priestess and Afro-Cuban soul stirrer Bobi Cespedes and her trio work their magic. Soul and funk trumpeter Oscar Myers blows out 2006 with Steppin' at the Boom Boom Room (www.boomboomblues.com). Bimbo's 365 Club (www.bimbos365club.com) wink-winks, nudge-nudges with the New Morty Show and Steve Lucky and the Rhumba Bums. Vocalist Kim McNalley urges you to party like it's 1929 at her Jazz at Pearl's (www.jazzatpearls.com); Jesus Diaz and his Bay Area Cuban All Stars light a fire under La Peña Cultural Center (www.lapena.org). And OK, everyone dug Eddie Murphy more in Dreamgirls don't x out Jamie Foxx; he attempts to fill Oracle Arena, Oakland, accompanied by Fantasia Barrino (www.ticketmaster.com).
A YEN FOR YUCKS
Our favorite unfunny funnyman, Neil Hamburger (and former SF storage container dweller, or so he says), throws pop culture on the grill, sweats profusely, and jubilantly rolls around in a trough of bad taste for two shows at the Hemlock Tavern (www.hemlocktavern.com); astrology nut Harvey Sid Fisher ushers in the 'Burger meister. Patton Oswalt blew that whiny David Cross off the stage when he opened for him at Cobb's way back when now the prince of King of Queens headlines two rounds on New Year's Eve (www.cobbscomedyclub.com).
Just remember, ya can't stop the rain. Don't fear the reaper. Stay metal, and be sure to strap yourself in for 2007 because judging from the way we roll, it could be a bumpy ride. *
Most Commented On
- Lobbying - March 13, 2014
- "Clean up" - March 13, 2014
- It doesn't seem unreasonable to me that a group who want - March 13, 2014
- You know what else Ammiano considers a "social justice issue?" - March 13, 2014
- Yeah - "Diversity" too - March 13, 2014
- Transparency - March 13, 2014
- Yes, let's keep that plaza filthy and crime-infested. - March 13, 2014
- You should ask SFBG that question. - March 13, 2014
- So you are expressing surprise that a developer who wants to - March 13, 2014
- great - March 13, 2014