And the voice that recurs throughout the song saying "Young L" but sounding like "You're new" (the phase that has become the Pack's trademark) is a vocal he cranked out on the FruityLoops program.
For the upcoming album, however, he wants to "incorporate more real instrumentation," and at press time, he was meeting with Lil Jon, who will reportedly coproduce it.
Young L, who grew up soaking up the sounds of "Too $hort, 2Pac, the Cash Money crew, as well as Jay Z and Rock-a-fella," doesn't think the Pack should be stuck to any one sound, as is threatening to happen. "We have hyphy songs," he said from Berkeley. "But I don't think we are a hyphy group, because hyphy is based on high-energy, hyperactive lyrics and beats, and our sound is more varied than that." One example is the Miami bassstyled track "Candy" on Skateboards 2 Scrapers, which at times echoes 2 Live Crew's "Get It Girl" and other Luke tunes. "We've always been into Miami bass, especially Lil B, who has always been into Uncle Luke," Young L added. "We just love good music!" *
Most Commented On
- He is a Republican, except on - May 26, 2013
- It is a mandate - May 25, 2013
- Yeah, Obama in 2012 got - May 25, 2013
- Ben Who? - May 25, 2013
- The last time a Rethug got 51.1% was - May 25, 2013
- Glad you loved Nixon, - May 25, 2013
- Multiple Posting Anti-Semitism Guest is at it again. - May 25, 2013
- Johnny a breath of fresh air after Tim, etc. - May 25, 2013
- Actually, deciding who gets - May 25, 2013
- Convict Bradley Manning - all counts. - May 25, 2013