According to KCBS radio, mayoral flack Peter Ragone has finally admitted to both posting on SFist and other blogs under a false name and lying to reporters about the existence of his imaginary friend, John Nelson. Newsom, who just returned from 10 days in Switzerland, reportedly expressed his displeasure with Ragone, but downplayed the incident.
Apparently, both men think that's the end of this, but it isn't. I had an appointment with Ragone scheduled for 4 p.m. today, but he has pushed that back to tomorrow. I'll be curious what he has to say, and what "lessons" he's learned, as he obliquely told the Chron. He directly lied to me and other journalists, a lie that KGO-TV broadcast the other night. Ragone needs to issue a public apology, he needs to directly apologize to me and others, then he needs to explain how the incident and other recent offenses have changed him and what he intends to do to restore his damaged credibility. Until he does that, none of us should believe anything that we hear from the Mayor's Office.
Read more on the Guardian politics blog
Most Commented On
- Nobody was hurt? What about - April 17, 2014
- uJWkVtYPrm - April 17, 2014
- THE SPELL CASTER THAT HELP ME CURE MY HIV - April 17, 2014
- From the picture, downpour.I - April 17, 2014
- "’This guy stood up and said - April 17, 2014
- HOW I GOT BACK MY HUSBAND - April 17, 2014
- Bring your own - April 17, 2014
- gnKhxqUpXD - April 17, 2014
- And the news agencies are - April 17, 2014
- the great spell caster that saved my marriage - April 17, 2014