Dig the orange tile inside and the ruins of the Sutro Baths outside.
902 Point Lobos Ave, SF; (415) 387-6330
V-DAY VENUE DON’TS
Unless you’re a high roller, or the restaurant’s owner, these places won’t be worth the trouble.
Pier 23 Café
This come one, come all waterfront restaurant and bar would be a great bet, except they will be CLOSED FOR REMODELING!
23 The Embarcadero, SF; (415) 362-5125, www.pier23cafe.com.
Don’t bother with this Telegraph Hill restaurant either. It’s also closed for renovations.
1541 Montgomery, SF; (415) 392-2222
Top of the Mark
The Mark is having a special Valentine’s Day dinner and no one will be seated without reservations.
1 Nob Hill Circle, SF; (415) 616-6916, www.topofthemark.com
It’s healthy to be wary of revolving restaurants in general, but they’re also having a special prix fixe V-day menu.
Hyatt Regency, Embarcadero 5, SF; (415) 291-6619
Their prix fixe menu is $75 per person, plus 18% gratuity. And there’s no mention of champagne being included; so if you just drink water, you’ll get out of there for $177.
Pier 33, The Embarcadero, SF; (415) 864-8999
Most Commented On
- Yeah, stats from Europe indicate that clean power costs - December 19, 2013
- Don't pay more! - December 19, 2013
- Interesting that the SFBG says the city loses 30 million a year - December 19, 2013
- I doubt that Josh is his real name either - December 19, 2013
- The "war on PG&E" was really Bruce's thing. - December 19, 2013
- No one cares what you think Josh - December 19, 2013
- The first of dozens? - December 19, 2013
- A floor only sets pay at the floor - December 19, 2013
- Yeah, anyone who writes 200 words to make a single point - December 19, 2013
- Normally you would herald this as "people power". - December 19, 2013