Kao soy ($7.95), on the other hand, I'd never seen before: another huge hemispherical bowl, filled this time with fine, crispy noodles, like a bedding of hay in a barn, and finished with a mild yellow coconut-milk curry laced with potatoes, chicken shreds, and slivers of red onion. As a little boy, I feared and hated my mother's rare forays into Chinese cooking even though her attempts always included crispy noodles but then, she did not have access to, and had probably never even heard of, coconut milk and yellow curry and the magic that occurs when you mix the two together.
Like most restaurants these days, Rasha features a bar, and like most bars in restaurants (except the very busiest ones), the bar seems to be uninhabited much, if not most, of the time. This despite the flat-screen television mounted high on the wall behind the bar (flashing rather male-oriented programming ESPN and Spike) and a selection of affordable little bar snacks such as chicken wings, edamame, and wasabi-roasted peas ($2). We found these last to be slightly sweet and also much hotter than the Trader Joe's kind; if you eat more than one at a time and do not pace yourself, you are likely to find your nostrils on fire not the prettiest picture on Valentine's Day or indeed on any day you happen to find yourself seated across from someone you're hoping to impress. Plan accordingly. *
Mon.Sun., noon11 p.m.
3141 16th St., SF
Most Commented On
- Cynthia never asked me about my views - April 16, 2014
- Muni is not "in the hole" because we do not throw enough - April 16, 2014
- Why is it even a comparison: - April 16, 2014
- Exactly, SFBG, SEIU, the non-profits and the other leftist - April 16, 2014
- Greg has a number of handles and sock puppets that he uses - April 16, 2014
- That is the implied premise here - April 16, 2014
- Evidence? - April 16, 2014
- Ah, so you are suggesting a flat tax where all pay the same? - April 16, 2014
- The SFMTA Board is listening to the public - April 16, 2014
- Mayor Lee and the supervisors - April 16, 2014