After maintaining it on their own for the first year, they gave it to the National Priorities Project to contribute to their ongoing educational efforts.
To bring the cost of the war home, please note that California has already lost $46 billion and San Francisco has lost $1 billion to the Bush war and his mistakes. In San Francisco alone, the funds used for the war in Iraq could have hired 21,264 additional public school teachers for one year, we could have built 11,048 additional housing units or we could have provided 59,482 students four-year scholarships at public universities. For a further breakdown of the cost of the war to your community, see the NPP website aptly titled "turning data into action."
Most Commented On
- To: Alex Tom and Vincent - December 11, 2013
- Nobody should be fasting to - December 11, 2013
- priestandrew thank you sir. - December 11, 2013
- cops = pigs - December 11, 2013
- The think you don't have to - December 11, 2013
- Why? - December 11, 2013
- thank you - December 11, 2013
- Ewww A Slapfest! - December 11, 2013
- Who Cares About Oakland? - December 11, 2013
- https://www.youtube.com/watch - December 10, 2013