FRIDAY, MARCH 16
Remembering Rachel Corrie
At this third annual memorial, celebrate the life of Rachel Corrie, a 23-year-old International Solidarity Movement volunteer who was killed by an Israeli soldier while nonviolently resisting the demolition of a Palestinian home in the Gaza Strip.
7 p.m., $10$20 suggested donation
Malonga Casquelourd Center for the Arts
1428 Alice, Oakl.
SATURDAY, MARCH 17
Starve War, Feed Peace
Participate in a march and rally sponsored by the Mt. Diablo Peace and Justice Center. The march goes through downtown Walnut Creek, and continues to Civic Park for a rally at noon with speakers and music.
Walnut Creek BART station
200 Ygnacio Blvd., Walnut Creek
1375 Civic Drive, Walnut Creek
SUNDAY, MARCH 18
March and rally in San Francisco
Marchers will assemble at Justin Herman Plaza and go to the Civic Center.
Justin Herman Plaza
One Market, SF
MONDAY, MARCH 19
Protest, rally, and nonviolent direct action at Chevron headquarters
End Chevron's oil crimes from Richmond to Iraq. It's a short ride to the Chevron headquarters from the Walnut Creek BART station; take County Connection shuttle 121. Vans will be shuttling protesters too.
6001 Bollinger Canyon, San Ramon
Stop Funding the War
Join us at Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco district office to urge her and her fellow representatives to deny the White House its war funding requests and to support HR 508, the Bring Our Troops Home and Sovereignty of Iraq Restoration Act.
San Francisco Federal Bldg.
450 Golden Gate, SF
Die-in on Market Street
The protest is a die-in designed to highlight the war's death toll by showing what the heart of San Francisco would look like strewn with dead bodies.
Spear and Market, SF
Montgomery and Market, SF
Powell and Market, SF
Market and Seventh St., SF
Most Commented On
- SF progressives labor under paradoxes - August 1, 2014
- In the future we should build density on transit hubs. - August 1, 2014
- The reason is simply. Unless SF progressives can find a villain - August 1, 2014
- What do you have against white male centrists, - August 1, 2014
- Just because you happen to - August 1, 2014
- If only Airbnb would take out - August 1, 2014
- to the American Jew - August 1, 2014
- What's with this endless - August 1, 2014
- I would have preferred CS thru to the waterfront - August 1, 2014
- marcos, you were the one who introduced racism here by - August 1, 2014