FRIDAY, MARCH 16
Remembering Rachel Corrie
At this third annual memorial, celebrate the life of Rachel Corrie, a 23-year-old International Solidarity Movement volunteer who was killed by an Israeli soldier while nonviolently resisting the demolition of a Palestinian home in the Gaza Strip.
7 p.m., $10$20 suggested donation
Malonga Casquelourd Center for the Arts
1428 Alice, Oakl.
SATURDAY, MARCH 17
Starve War, Feed Peace
Participate in a march and rally sponsored by the Mt. Diablo Peace and Justice Center. The march goes through downtown Walnut Creek, and continues to Civic Park for a rally at noon with speakers and music.
Walnut Creek BART station
200 Ygnacio Blvd., Walnut Creek
1375 Civic Drive, Walnut Creek
SUNDAY, MARCH 18
March and rally in San Francisco
Marchers will assemble at Justin Herman Plaza and go to the Civic Center.
Justin Herman Plaza
One Market, SF
MONDAY, MARCH 19
Protest, rally, and nonviolent direct action at Chevron headquarters
End Chevron's oil crimes from Richmond to Iraq. It's a short ride to the Chevron headquarters from the Walnut Creek BART station; take County Connection shuttle 121. Vans will be shuttling protesters too.
6001 Bollinger Canyon, San Ramon
Stop Funding the War
Join us at Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco district office to urge her and her fellow representatives to deny the White House its war funding requests and to support HR 508, the Bring Our Troops Home and Sovereignty of Iraq Restoration Act.
San Francisco Federal Bldg.
450 Golden Gate, SF
Die-in on Market Street
The protest is a die-in designed to highlight the war's death toll by showing what the heart of San Francisco would look like strewn with dead bodies.
Spear and Market, SF
Montgomery and Market, SF
Powell and Market, SF
Market and Seventh St., SF
Most Commented On
- Yes, that is the job of an editor - July 25, 2014
- It seems the people opposing this change do not like sports - July 25, 2014
- It's precisely because I care about San Franciscans that I do - July 25, 2014
- Liberals and Change - July 25, 2014
- So when blacks complain about racial prejudice do you tell them - July 25, 2014
- You hate San Franciscans and - July 25, 2014
- The problem, Emma, is that you are quick to put out - July 25, 2014
- So you are denying ever making stereotypes about whites? - July 25, 2014
- The soccer fields are about 0.001% of GGPark - July 25, 2014
- I would vote AGAINST putting - July 25, 2014