You guys are from the Bay Area!' They know it's the scene that spawned Metallica, Exodus, Testament some of the hardest-hitting thrash bands."
PLAY AT HIGH VOLUME: A SELECTED GUIDE TO BAY METAL
Agenda of Swine "The new big shit," Berumen declares.
Arise "As of recently, I've seen an influx of new, Bay Area thrash," Shapiro says, and Arise is one of his favorites.
Asunder From Oakland, this band got props from Shapiro, Ponitkoff, and Saros drummer Blood Eagle.
Dekapitator Witness the truth of their MySpace headline: "Head-splitting metal!!!!!"
Hatchet On Ponitkoff's list of new favorites; bands like this make him say of the Bay Area, "We're the thrash capital of the frickin' world."
Ludicra Hammers of Misfortune's John Cobbett plays guitar in this black metal band, guided by Laurie Shanaman's eerie vocals.
Saros In an interview with Thrasher magazine, Rauf described her band's music as "simultaneously complex and cyclical." And it rocks.
Saviours "Saviours are really making a name for themselves and touring constantly," Blood Eagle says. See their killer live show, and you'll see why.
Watch Them Die "The band," Berumen says. "By far one of the best bands out of the Bay Area."
Wayward Son "Young kids who play some of the best goddamn thrash on the face of the planet," according to Berumen. (Cheryl Eddy)
Most Commented On
- So you're saying marcos is just like a driver? - March 9, 2014
- Class based envy politics doesn't sit well with most voters - March 9, 2014
- When you cannot defeat an opponent then - March 9, 2014
- oBaVKmYrxmf - March 9, 2014
- Another new to town progressive. - March 9, 2014
- No, government surveillance wrong, period. - March 9, 2014
- Government surveillance is bad - March 8, 2014
- San Francisco Needs Speed Cameras - March 8, 2014
- Just Like You - March 8, 2014
- Wow Why Didn't I Think Of That???? - March 8, 2014