Hell, some have brunch, which always makes me laugh because I just can't think of anything less edgy than brunch, but what could it hurt to have some coffee and a muffin and meet some nice people who like to do nasty things? This is how your modern freakazoid finds a tribe.
There may be nobody there you'd ever consider submitting to, body and soul (there almost certainly won't be), but somebody will know somebody you will want. And even better, they'll know if he's safe, and even if he's fun.
Besides urging you out into the daylight, I also support you in staying home and lurking about the more louche corners of the Internet. Acting out your fantasies online is actually a great way to find out what interests you, and there are no hard feelings if you just don't feel like finishing a certain session because you don't like his manner. Or his grammar.
Andrea Nemerson has spent the last 14 years as a sex educator and an instructor of sex educators. In her previous life she was a prop designer. And she just gave birth to twins, so she's one bad mother of a sex adviser. Visit www.altsexcolumn.com to view her previous columns.
Most Commented On
- No, that's homeless - May 22, 2013
- There's nothing wrong with market cycles. They are natural and - May 22, 2013
- Anyone can argue that every human life is equal but - May 22, 2013
- If you don't believe in majorities, election wins and polls then - May 22, 2013
- Top speed of BART is 80mph. - May 22, 2013
- Yes, SFBG tolerates your abuse and hate speech. - May 22, 2013
- Laughable... - May 22, 2013
- "This is the sort of - May 22, 2013
- Barefoot artist - May 22, 2013
- " that some people are worth - May 22, 2013