One day, people in the United States and Europe will discover that all their data is in the hands of angry workers who want to do the GTD thing their own way. They want their own four-hour workweeks, and they're going to use all your data to get them.
It would be the perfect demise for a data-obsessed, time-obsessed culture. Deprived of our data, we'll have all the time in the world. But of course, if we want to live, we'll have to start working again. And this time we'll have to work the old-fashioned way: by doing it ourselves. *
Annalee Newitz is a surly media nerd who saves time by talking and sticking her feet in her mouth at the same time.
Most Commented On
- nZFJIBPvKLLYiR - July 24, 2014
- SF must spend a bunch of money on fancy new buses - July 24, 2014
- tmbqwlArfpw - July 24, 2014
- Student protesters file claim against City College and SF - July 24, 2014
- Cash backwards - July 24, 2014
- Greg join Walmart investors - July 24, 2014
- Beach Chalet Ballot Initiative - July 24, 2014
- The US spends billions to fight Ebola and Marburg too - July 24, 2014
- BUgBvGEJFp - July 24, 2014
- And yet Israel spends millions to fight it. - July 24, 2014