One day, people in the United States and Europe will discover that all their data is in the hands of angry workers who want to do the GTD thing their own way. They want their own four-hour workweeks, and they're going to use all your data to get them.
It would be the perfect demise for a data-obsessed, time-obsessed culture. Deprived of our data, we'll have all the time in the world. But of course, if we want to live, we'll have to start working again. And this time we'll have to work the old-fashioned way: by doing it ourselves. *
Annalee Newitz is a surly media nerd who saves time by talking and sticking her feet in her mouth at the same time.
Most Commented On
- The Suburbanites (the lost tribe) - July 10, 2014
- Protect local power and control - July 10, 2014
- The Chronicle ran an article - July 10, 2014
- They probably got them from facebook - July 10, 2014
- How prophet Ogunjimi saved my marriage - July 10, 2014
- Time to just legalize recreational use - July 10, 2014
- Dude, recycling is collected at your home. - July 10, 2014
- What about the city's monopoly on almost everything it does - July 10, 2014
- Posting personal photos is very creepy - July 10, 2014
- GuestHope is a troll. Ignore him. - July 10, 2014