One day, people in the United States and Europe will discover that all their data is in the hands of angry workers who want to do the GTD thing their own way. They want their own four-hour workweeks, and they're going to use all your data to get them.
It would be the perfect demise for a data-obsessed, time-obsessed culture. Deprived of our data, we'll have all the time in the world. But of course, if we want to live, we'll have to start working again. And this time we'll have to work the old-fashioned way: by doing it ourselves. *
Annalee Newitz is a surly media nerd who saves time by talking and sticking her feet in her mouth at the same time.
Most Commented On
- SFMTA chief hopes to calm the parking meter furor at - May 21, 2013
- after first person dealing with progressives - May 21, 2013
- Xorauguynafnvji - May 21, 2013
- Mission of the Commons has - May 21, 2013
- Right wing trash. See how the - May 21, 2013
- I get your point and agree, - May 21, 2013
- San Francisco's loss, - May 21, 2013
- Project much? - May 21, 2013
- Troll. Another miserable, - May 21, 2013
- You're right, there is no similarity - May 21, 2013