No matter how hard we work and no matter how much money we throw at this problem, there is simply no way to turn all physical media into digital formats.
The myth of the universal library is not only widespread, it's also dangerous. Believing in the myth makes us forget that we need to be working hard right this second to preserve information in multiple formats and to make it available to the public any way that we can. *
Annalee Newitz is a surly media nerd who has a very large collection of nondigital books.
Most Commented On
- Yep, I started doing short-term rentals in 2001 and it's great: - March 6, 2014
- Small property owners have - March 6, 2014
- You do know what argument by definition is? - March 6, 2014
- Steven doesn't get his own hypocrisy. - March 6, 2014
- Anderson doesn't need to be sabotaged because he cannot win - March 6, 2014
- And again, Greg, if AirBnB were based elsewhere, then how - March 6, 2014
- If you lose elections - March 6, 2014
- Take stereotyping away from the left and they have nothing. - March 6, 2014
- I GUARANTEE - March 6, 2014
- correct, Evan, and Steven would not even be focusing on - March 6, 2014