Then they're gonna eat me. Oh my godddd!"
Stephenson elucidates: "People like it because everybody [involved in] Troll 2 went out and tried to make an earnest horror film. It wasn't meant to be campy. And it was a miserable failure. It was a cinematic car crash. And then all of a sudden, it took on this new life like a car crash, you have to look at it. You stare at it. You wonder, 'What the hell is going on with this thing?' I think with Troll 2, the fans have taken ownership of the film. It's like drinking spoiled milk. You taste it, and then you're, like, 'Aw, you gotta taste this! It's terrible!' You immediately want someone else to taste it so you can share that experience."
MIDNITES FOR MANIACS: VERTICALLY CHALLENGED MONSTERS TRIPLE FEATURE
Fri/25, Gremlins, 7:30 p.m.; Howard the Duck, 9:45 p.m.; Troll 2, midnight; $10
429 Castro, SF
Most Commented On
- Relocation payments are taxed at lower capital gain rates - April 16, 2014
- "Maybe wait a couple of years - April 16, 2014
- VOTE NO on new Bonds for SFMTA in November - April 16, 2014
- The city won't be buying buildings but if you want to buy a - April 16, 2014
- Most likely, because it will make owners less likely to rent - April 16, 2014
- But wait, marcos hates the non-profits. - April 16, 2014
- That makes absolutely no sense, marcos. - April 16, 2014
- So if this money goes to the homeless then who no longer - April 16, 2014
- Disagree. The market rate - April 16, 2014
- DR OSUN CAN HELP YOU - April 16, 2014