Then they're gonna eat me. Oh my godddd!"
Stephenson elucidates: "People like it because everybody [involved in] Troll 2 went out and tried to make an earnest horror film. It wasn't meant to be campy. And it was a miserable failure. It was a cinematic car crash. And then all of a sudden, it took on this new life like a car crash, you have to look at it. You stare at it. You wonder, 'What the hell is going on with this thing?' I think with Troll 2, the fans have taken ownership of the film. It's like drinking spoiled milk. You taste it, and then you're, like, 'Aw, you gotta taste this! It's terrible!' You immediately want someone else to taste it so you can share that experience."
MIDNITES FOR MANIACS: VERTICALLY CHALLENGED MONSTERS TRIPLE FEATURE
Fri/25, Gremlins, 7:30 p.m.; Howard the Duck, 9:45 p.m.; Troll 2, midnight; $10
429 Castro, SF
Most Commented On
- Wow guys - July 31, 2014
- I've been working for 25 years and I've never seen an - July 31, 2014
- IEFEMWGNLLl - July 31, 2014
- An artiface, a choice that - July 31, 2014
- How the great Dr Oduma helped me - July 31, 2014
- How the great Dr Oduma helped me phone +2347055413648 - July 31, 2014
- fSVVJyMpXcxnjuQ - July 31, 2014
- Yes, there is of course no harm done by such informal sharing. - July 31, 2014
- He prefers a clockwise rotation while being wiped - July 31, 2014
- It's to do with accounting but is not a contrivance. - July 31, 2014