Then they're gonna eat me. Oh my godddd!"
Stephenson elucidates: "People like it because everybody [involved in] Troll 2 went out and tried to make an earnest horror film. It wasn't meant to be campy. And it was a miserable failure. It was a cinematic car crash. And then all of a sudden, it took on this new life like a car crash, you have to look at it. You stare at it. You wonder, 'What the hell is going on with this thing?' I think with Troll 2, the fans have taken ownership of the film. It's like drinking spoiled milk. You taste it, and then you're, like, 'Aw, you gotta taste this! It's terrible!' You immediately want someone else to taste it so you can share that experience."
MIDNITES FOR MANIACS: VERTICALLY CHALLENGED MONSTERS TRIPLE FEATURE
Fri/25, Gremlins, 7:30 p.m.; Howard the Duck, 9:45 p.m.; Troll 2, midnight; $10
429 Castro, SF
Most Commented On
- Barbie gets a makeover, San Francisco-style - July 30, 2014
- Marcos, I will also reject the November cash call for Muni - July 30, 2014
- But Lee decided to make his - July 30, 2014
- But you're arguing that - July 30, 2014
- NSA surveillance scandal goes full tilt clown - July 30, 2014
- Squatting is illegal and if they enter your building you may use - July 30, 2014
- It's Lee's job to set direction for the city and the use of a - July 30, 2014
- Buy Pinterest Followers - July 30, 2014
- So you support squatters now? - July 30, 2014
- What, it is clear that Ed Lee - July 30, 2014