Then they're gonna eat me. Oh my godddd!"
Stephenson elucidates: "People like it because everybody [involved in] Troll 2 went out and tried to make an earnest horror film. It wasn't meant to be campy. And it was a miserable failure. It was a cinematic car crash. And then all of a sudden, it took on this new life like a car crash, you have to look at it. You stare at it. You wonder, 'What the hell is going on with this thing?' I think with Troll 2, the fans have taken ownership of the film. It's like drinking spoiled milk. You taste it, and then you're, like, 'Aw, you gotta taste this! It's terrible!' You immediately want someone else to taste it so you can share that experience."
MIDNITES FOR MANIACS: VERTICALLY CHALLENGED MONSTERS TRIPLE FEATURE
Fri/25, Gremlins, 7:30 p.m.; Howard the Duck, 9:45 p.m.; Troll 2, midnight; $10
429 Castro, SF
Most Commented On
- You and I have different values - March 8, 2014
- Oh yes - that paragon of virtue, ambulance chaser Chris Dolan... - March 7, 2014
- eKwimShrzRLu - March 7, 2014
- You're kidding right? Brown - March 7, 2014
- fyi, marcos, AAA has a dismal record on motorists' rights - March 7, 2014
- Christopher Dolan AGAIN? - March 7, 2014
- So criticizing someone who - March 7, 2014
- Funny, I felt the same way about Jerry Brown - March 7, 2014
- So in other words you feel - March 7, 2014
- That is the Gods truth, but - March 7, 2014