I believe a lot of people can enjoy a little role play or think it's fun to get tied up prettily and tickled or teased, but people can enjoy a little of all kinds of things. If you see something like Secretary and feel the deep and unmistakable thwang of a chord being struck way deep in your soul, I think you can trust that that cord was there all along awaiting striking.
I can't help wondering just how many such strikings that movie is singularly responsible for. I thought it was sizzling hot myself, but I think the writer and producers have a lot to answer for. I get the feeling there were a lot of people, young women in particular but not exclusively, who were just going about their lives, la la la, and then James Spader bent Maggie Gyllenhaal over that desk, and thwang! They'll never be the same.
Andrea is home with the kids and going stir-crazy. Write her a letter! Ask her a question! Send her your tedious e-mail forwards! On second thought, don't do that. Just ask her a question.
Most Commented On
- Tech doesn't need you -- nor does SF - April 22, 2014
- If progressive ideas and - April 22, 2014
- Where was the "hippie" in her - April 22, 2014
- That's a terrific photo of - April 22, 2014
- CCSF liars!! - April 22, 2014
- The overall record? Do you really want to go there? - April 22, 2014
- Huh? - April 22, 2014
- He is an identity politician - April 22, 2014
- Greg, it is half of the city and not just the Mission - April 22, 2014
- Yes, and one of SFBG's three choices that id didnt have to make - April 22, 2014