I believe a lot of people can enjoy a little role play or think it's fun to get tied up prettily and tickled or teased, but people can enjoy a little of all kinds of things. If you see something like Secretary and feel the deep and unmistakable thwang of a chord being struck way deep in your soul, I think you can trust that that cord was there all along awaiting striking.
I can't help wondering just how many such strikings that movie is singularly responsible for. I thought it was sizzling hot myself, but I think the writer and producers have a lot to answer for. I get the feeling there were a lot of people, young women in particular but not exclusively, who were just going about their lives, la la la, and then James Spader bent Maggie Gyllenhaal over that desk, and thwang! They'll never be the same.
Andrea is home with the kids and going stir-crazy. Write her a letter! Ask her a question! Send her your tedious e-mail forwards! On second thought, don't do that. Just ask her a question.
Most Commented On
- I see nothing but objections - July 11, 2014
- FIx the potholes. - July 11, 2014
- "Let's do it for Harvey!" - July 11, 2014
- The good witches of music tech - July 11, 2014
- Government Interference - July 11, 2014
- If you're underwater on your mortgage in San Francisco - July 11, 2014
- Just wondering - July 11, 2014
- Lawyers love Campos - July 11, 2014
- Recology contract - July 11, 2014
- Affordable defined - July 11, 2014