It was five in the afternoon.
"Subway?" I asked.
"I'm hungry, honey!" Veronica said. "I already took a chicken out this morning," she said, "but we're sure going to need something to tide us over while it's on the spit, ain't we?"
It was like waking up in your own bed. My eyes stopped darting. I let her pick me out an outfit, and some day soon I will wear it proudly. *
Most Commented On
- Poor Gerard must have a lot - July 23, 2014
- But you're not refuting - July 23, 2014
- What damage does the Hetch Hetchy dam cause now? - July 23, 2014
- I really don't understand - July 23, 2014
- It's really about make it - July 23, 2014
- thank you dr sule - July 23, 2014
- Keep the dam - July 23, 2014
- MUNI workers need raises - NOW - July 23, 2014
- Do they have the right to target civilians, Greg? - July 23, 2014
- Balance - July 23, 2014