According to that poll, 59 percent said they "would be interested in not menstruating on a monthly basis," and one-third said they "would choose never to have a period." I don't recall seeing them say that they'd choose never to have a baby, but presumably that exception was addressed somehow or other.
Unsurprisingly, women in the military seem most eager to jump. I was likewise unflabbergasted to see that Dutch and German women seemed a little less eager to embrace a novel, high-tech body-mod that's radical and (perhaps excessively) clean-freakish aren't these the same women who were famously late (if ever) adopters of leg and pit shaving? but even they were pretty intrigued by the possibility. And finally, just to prove menstruation's ickiness and expendability is almost entirely a matter of cultural perspective, Nigerian women who were asked about menstrual suppression wanted nothing to do with it.
How about you?
Andrea Nemerson is home with the kids and going stir-crazy. Write her a letter! Ask her a question!
Most Commented On
- The Marsh - December 6, 2013
- "At the end of the day, all - December 6, 2013
- This isn't pro's and con's it's just "your" opinion. - December 6, 2013
- The Facts GPD - December 6, 2013
- Since when does an useless - December 6, 2013
- i want to give thanks to the great OZALOGBO - December 6, 2013
- i want to give thanks and i will always give thanks to DR.LUKA - December 6, 2013
- Who is guest? - December 6, 2013
- Yes. I agree. - December 6, 2013
- Well I heard about these Bath - December 6, 2013