I'm not saying they're brilliant nor am I saying they're not but what they're attempting doesn't accept mediocrity. This uncompromising approach often seems to have relegated them to the middle slot of shows while the underground flavor du jour headlines above them. Like Dangerfield, they get no respect.
One of the titles kicked around for the new album was Fuck You, Still Here. "I see bands that are more careerist," Neutron says. "They have this idea: 'Oh, we're going to get signed and then we're going to make this video and go on tour with this band.' That seems to be their end goal.
"Our end goal is to return the ass-kicking that music has given us."
With Moggs and Colony of Watts
June 30, 9:30 p.m., $6
1131 Polk, SF
Most Commented On
- It's important to have a token girl actor in an action movie so - July 23, 2014
- Hey, Marke, you provided all the amusing material here - July 23, 2014
- Chick Flicks - July 23, 2014
- SF is hypocritical - July 23, 2014
- lol - July 23, 2014
- Emma Silvers' Concert Demography - July 23, 2014
- Then I think that "traditional" or "conventional" would have - July 23, 2014
- Mike Love is well known for - July 23, 2014
- The writer clearly does not - July 23, 2014
- If the initiative has broad support, then money won't matter - July 23, 2014