Oizo recently directed the forthcoming film Steak, which was scored by Sebastian, Tellier, and himself.
Then there's Kitsuné Music, another Paris label, which is nestled between Ed Banger and the Rapture on the list of Daft Punk's top MySpace friends, a lofty position for those engaged in the cybernetworking circuit. Acts like Digitalism, Crystal Castles, and Riot in Belgium have earned near-cult status through Kitsuné and its heavily rotated compilation series.
With the exception of a few Coachella dates and one-offs, Daft Punk haven't officially toured since supporting Homework in 1997, and now the duo are tearing through the States prior to Electroma's launch. Playing select arena dates, the duo are performing alongside their well-groomed legion of the new French crooners, including Kavinsky, Sebastian, and the Rapture. Most of the dates are already sold out, but in homage to Daft Punk's legacy, the James Friedman<\d> and the Rapture<\d>owned Throne of Blood imprint is throwing a series of after-parties including said supporting acts no Daft Punk, sorry in clubs rather than in enormous amphitheaters.
Whether or not Daft Punk will eventually start building sculptures, go to medical school, or return to the realm of everyday club crushing remains unknown, but their place in dance culture is as solid as Bangalter and Homem-Christo's impenetrable robot helmets.*
Fri/27, 8 p.m., $48.50
UC Berkeley, Gayley Road, Berk.
Most Commented On
- That 90 year old woman with - April 24, 2014
- An amazing testimony on a spell caster who brought my wife back - April 24, 2014
- Say, that's a stunning full - April 24, 2014
- That's exactly why she cannot be trusted - April 24, 2014
- Imagine an international SEIU - April 24, 2014
- this is the best spell caster in the world - April 24, 2014
- My Name is Mr James smith .I - April 24, 2014
- What works, systemically? - April 24, 2014
- Miss Precious Nzunde can destroy your puppetmaster!!! - April 24, 2014
- A REAL SPELL CASTER - April 24, 2014