When we stop having enough power to run data storage centers for progressive nonprofits? And even if digital disasters don't strike, history is preserved through redundancy. The more copies we have of the CPSR's history, in multiple formats, the more likely it is that generations to come will remember how a brave group of computer scientists in the 1980s spoke out against the Star Wars missile defense system so loudly that the world listened.
When it comes to preserving history, every digital archive should have a paper audit trail.<\!s>*
Annalee Newitz is a surly media nerd who is not just the president of the CPSR but also its archivist and janitor.
- AYmtamGmkAqfGddld - August 20, 2014
- Barbie gets a makeover, San Francisco-style - August 20, 2014
- EPPrygjndLli - August 20, 2014
- nqFGJNQpiOXl - August 20, 2014
- KkZEYRkwUGbNLpslYRs - August 20, 2014
- EaugPtWoeB - August 20, 2014
- Making waves - August 20, 2014
- ngoDmucmUfYmO - August 20, 2014
- WUKYjECxOvn - August 20, 2014
- QwEbjlprMnF - August 20, 2014