- This Week
The 11th Hour
08.14.07 - 10:23 pm | Rachel Stern |
Conners Petersen is the founder and codirector of the Tree Media Group and executive editor of Global Viewpoint. They've produced two documentaries Global Warming (2001) and Water Planet (2004) for DiCaprio's Web site, and Conners will soon be directing her first narrative feature, Earthquake Weather.
The 11th Hour used 150 hours of stock footage, more than any other documentary in history. The lofty quotes that didn't make it into the film have found a home on YouTube and the movie's official Web site, wip.warnerbros.com/11thhour.
"Even though there's a lot of information, it's an emotional film," Conners says. "Rather than just telling you information that you intellectually take into the world, I feel like the film is done in such a way that you feel the world in a different way."<\!s>*
Comments, ideas, and submissions for Green City, the Guardian's weekly environmental column, can be sent to email@example.com.
Most Commented On
- Oh there you go again off the - December 11, 2013
- "The internet allows every - December 11, 2013
- Think he means the evergreen - December 11, 2013
- What is "Penthouse Letters?" - December 11, 2013
- Ludicrous! Many "living - December 11, 2013
- it probably raised uncomfortable truths - December 11, 2013
- Really - December 11, 2013
- Homeless people lobbied for mid-Market tax breaks? - December 11, 2013
- Never had a bad can ride in 30 years - December 11, 2013
- The internet allows every - December 11, 2013