He is bringing the company back with a splendid, allFrench music program: Marc Wilde's Bolero, set to Maurice Ravel; Vaslav Nijinsky's The Afternoon of a Faun, to Claude Debussy; and Guidi's Trois Gymnopédies, to Erik Satie.
Oct. 20. Paramount Theatre, 2025 Broadway, Oakl. (510) 763-7308, www.rgfpa.org
Marc Bamuthi Joseph When Joseph's Scourge premiered at the YBCA two years ago, it was impressive though uneven. No doubt this hip-hop-inspired and by now heavily traveled look at family and society from a Haitian perspective has since found its groove.
Oct. 25Nov. 3. ODC Theater, 3153 17th St., SF. (415) 863-9834, www.odctheater.org
Lines Contemporary Ballet Alonzo King opens his company's 25th season with two world premieres inspired by classical music traditions that allow for improvisation, baroque and Hindustani. Freedom within strictures leave it to King to find their common ground where none seems to exist.
Nov. 211. Yerba Buena Center for the Arts Theater, 700 Howard, SF. (415) 987-2787, www.linesballet.org
Faustin Linyekula/Les Studio Kabako For his return engagement, the Congolese choreographer is bringing his Festival of Lies, an installationfiesta piece that both celebrates and mourns what his country has become. The Nov. 10 show runs from 6 p.m. to midnight and includes local performers.
Nov. 810. Yerba Buena Center for the Arts Theater, 700 Howard, SF. (415) 987-2787, www.ybca.org
Most Commented On
- Say, that's a stunning full - April 24, 2014
- That's exactly why she cannot be trusted - April 24, 2014
- Imagine an international SEIU - April 24, 2014
- this is the best spell caster in the world - April 24, 2014
- My Name is Mr James smith .I - April 24, 2014
- What works, systemically? - April 24, 2014
- Miss Precious Nzunde can destroy your puppetmaster!!! - April 24, 2014
- A REAL SPELL CASTER - April 24, 2014
- the great spell caster that saved my marriage - April 24, 2014
- My name is jenifer and i live - April 24, 2014