The whole idea of all these long tunnels the show is really a show of corridors is another way of mediating temporality."
Eliasson's work is concerned with the act of engaging in the present moment. His car, Your Mobile Expectations: BMW H2R Project, for instance, is an iced vehicle, presented as the separate exhibition "Your Tempo" in a room-sized freezer that chills to 14 degrees Fahrenheit.
The vehicle is presented by the museum's Department of Architecture and Design, attesting to the latitude of Eliasson's work, which has been seen through the lenses of art, fashion, architecture, design, and environmentalism. He emphatically stresses the means. "I don't think art is that fragile," he said. "Art can easily go out and work like a virus."
TAKE YOUR TIME: OLAFUR ELIASSON
Sept. 8, 2007 Feb. 24, 2008
YOUR TEMPO: OLAFUR ELIASSON
Sept. 8, 2007Jan. 13, 2008
Mon.Tues. and Fri.Sun., 11a.m.5:45 p.m.; Thurs., 10 a.m.8:45 p.m.
$7$12.50 (free first Tues.)
San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
151 Third St., SF
Most Commented On
- Student protesters file claim against City College and SF - July 24, 2014
- Cash backwards - July 24, 2014
- Greg join Walmart investors - July 24, 2014
- Beach Chalet Ballot Initiative - July 24, 2014
- The US spends billions to fight Ebola and Marburg too - July 24, 2014
- BUgBvGEJFp - July 24, 2014
- And yet Israel spends millions to fight it. - July 24, 2014
- Your Imagination - July 24, 2014
- It's a complicated issue - July 24, 2014
- this doesn't even make sense - July 24, 2014