So leave your homework at home where it belongs and strike up a conversation with the Cuban expat beside you while plowing into a satisfying plate of black beans and rice or nibbling on a crispy chicken empanada.
1109 Valencia, SF. (415) 824-7659
After a long, hard afternoon shopping at Amoeba Records, you might find yourself in the awkward position of needing an immediate noodle transfusion (don't scoff, it happens). Too cramped and clattery to be a good venue to bring anyone with whom you might want to have a conversation, the Citrus Club, a pan-Asian noodle house, is a great place to fly solo while you down some hot and sour soup from a bowl big enough to bathe in afterwards. A bit of a hipster magnet, it has vegan options and sake cocktails too. Best of all, the inevitable lines can be easily circumvented by sitting at the counter an action that delivers its own smug reward.
1790 Haight, SF. (415) 387-6366*
Most Commented On
- San francisco is complaining - December 9, 2013
- Don't Be Evil - December 9, 2013
- Self promotion is strongly indicated - December 9, 2013
- Mountain View, Mountain View, - December 9, 2013
- The word is Idiocracy - December 9, 2013
- animal onesie - December 9, 2013
- Perhaps You Need a Drama Critic - December 9, 2013
- Well bright people would not - December 9, 2013
- Love it - December 9, 2013
- no. he said slapped. Nobody - December 9, 2013