The difference is that the Internet Archive unlike YouTube will rarely remove a video. Kahle is committed to preserving history in all its forms, even the ugly ones. It's a lesson he thinks the mainstream media, with its whitewashed coverage of the war, would do well to learn. If we don't remember the past, we're doomed to repeat it.
Annalee Newitz is a surly media nerd who always pays attention to what she's told to forget.
Most Commented On
- No, Greg, I'm not saying that you should join the trolls. - March 16, 2014
- Same dealio either way. - March 16, 2014
- That's in the Mish. - March 16, 2014
- Ah, so you admit you referred to an alleged conspiracy that was - March 16, 2014
- So you're saying I should join the trolls - March 16, 2014
- Yes I am denying that - March 16, 2014
- Nobody gives a crap about your Che fantasies, Greg. - March 16, 2014
- Calling yourself "Greg" is no different than calling yourself - March 16, 2014
- Greg, are you seriously denying that you accused the Ed Lee - March 16, 2014
- I didn't know there were 15 million Venezuelans - March 16, 2014