So we know that women can have brains, that they aren't powerful solely because of things that male scientists surgically attach to their bodies.
Nevertheless there's something deeply wrong about a science fiction show, allegedly about a woman of the future, whose message seems taken from a past much further back than the show's origins in the 1970s.
Annalee Newitz is a surly media nerd who will, in spite of all her protestations, be glued to Bionic Woman every week for the next season.
Most Commented On
- Of course, but the SF ideologs want your kid to be bussed to a - December 20, 2013
- First they stereotyped those they envied. - December 20, 2013
- The difference is that nobody cares what goes on in Oakland - December 20, 2013
- No, I am suggesting that knowing someone's net worth, along - December 20, 2013
- That's nothing more than another envy diatribe. - December 20, 2013
- I'd like for my little girl - December 20, 2013
- War on tech? - December 20, 2013
- They do pick up riders in - December 20, 2013
- This seems well - December 20, 2013
- Are you suggesting that - December 20, 2013